Is your child ready for an action packed, fun-filled summer? There are plenty of Summer Camps for kids in Greensburg plus programs and activities going on throughout the summer to keep those kiddos occupied all summer long! There are options for children of all ages with various interests. Whether it be trying out cool science experiments or learning how to master riding a mountain bike, there is something for every child!
The Westmoreland Museum of American Art
All throughout the summer the Westmoreland Museum of American Art offer week-long art camps where children can explore their artistic creativity through camps taught by professional art instructors. All camps have a different theme. These camps are perfect for any artistic or art curious children in your life!
Art Camp: All About Animals
Monday June 17th – Friday June 21st, 9am-3pm | Kids 7-9 years old
- The campers will examine animals in art throughout the museum while exploring various media and techniques to create art inspired by animals. Campers will receive a special visitor from the Humane Animal Rescue.
Art Camp: Back to the “Good Old Days”
Monday, June 24th- Friday June 28th, 9am-3pm | Kids 10-12 years old
- How did people spend leisure time without TV, computers, soccer or dance class? Campers will learn about interesting techniques, fun styles and some unusual materials used by folk artists. Have fun with wax, clay, paint and more.
Art Camp: E-Art
Monday July 8th, – Friday July 12th, 9am-3pm | Kids 7-8 years old
- This week earth is the subject. Campers will be using natural and recycled materials to create works of art inspired from our planet Earth. Projects include painting, drawing and sculpture. All artwork will be proudly displayed in an exhibit at the end of camp.
Art Camp: Make Art Pop!
Monday July 22nd- Friday July 26th, 9am -3pm | Kids 10-12 years old
- Art campers will explore influential styles of some of the American modern art masters and tour the Westmoreland’s exhibit The Era of Cool: Pop artist John Van Hamersveld. Campers will develop and create their own works of modern and graphic art using a variety of materials and techniques including painting and printmaking followed by their own exhibit the last day of camp.
For more information about The Westmoreland Museum of American Art’s Summer Camps, please visit their website.
Flat Tire Co.
Kid’s Mountain Bike Camp
Friday July 26th – Sunday July 28th, 3 days 1 night | Kids 7-13
- The Flat Tire Co. staff is excited to offer their first children’s program in July of 2019. This is a three day camp focused on helping kids increase their confidence, skills and love for riding mountain bikes. On Friday, campers venture to Seven Spring to practice gearing up, braking, shifting, and body position. There will be an obstacle course and play games focused on fundamentals. Saturday and Sunday, take place at Big Bear. Saturday will be spent practice applying skills in a single track setting. On Sunday, there will be focus on a longer ride.
To get more information and register visit their website.
YWCA Westmoreland County
Young Wonders Summer Day Camp
Get the kids out and about with others their age with the YWCA Westmoreland County’s Young Wonders Summer Day Camp. While each week has a different theme, all camps will include activities like swimming, bowling, library visits, picnics, games, community service, crafts, snacks and more!
- Camp Spirit: June 3rd – June 7th
- Shark Week: June 10th-June 14th
- Going Green: June 17th -June 21st
- Edible Creations: June 24- 28
- All-Ball: July 1st -July 5th (closed for July 4th)
- To Infinity and Beyond: July 8th -12th
- On Your Mark, Get Set, Draw: July 22nd -July 26th
- Sunny Side Up: July 29th- August 2nd
- Backyard Bash: August 5th – August 9th
- S’more Fun: August 12th – August 16th
TechGyrls Summer Program
Monday, June 17 – Thursday, June 20, 2019 ~ 10 AM – 3 PM
The YWCA TechGYRLS Program empowers young women ages 11-14 through education and exposure to robotics technology and promotes continued involvement in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). This program makes it possible for girls to experience “hands-on” computer programming and physics, along with building and operating autonomous robots in an environment that promotes participation and learning.
Musical Theater Camp
Starting at 9am every day, students begin their core classes which are comprised of Acting, Voice, Jazz, Tap, and Modern dance. Each class is designed to give kids a lot of information in a very short amount of time. Acting classes work on monologues and scenes as well as technique. Dance classes are meant to introduce and strengthen technique and stretch ability. Voice classes are designed to expand repertoire and enforce singing fundamentals while ensuring healthy vocal production. All classes are taught by trained professionals. Each camp runs for 3 weeks, with the first 2 weeks being classes in the morning and rehearsals after lunch, the third week focuses on rehearsals and tech for the end of camp show.
First Camp Session June 10-29:
Performances: June 28, June 29th
- Preteens: Frozen Jr (Ages 8-12)
- Teens: Chicago: High School Edition (Ages 13-18)
Second Camp Session July 8-27:
Performances July 26th and July 27th.
- Preteens: Beauty and the Beast, Jr. (Ages 8-12)
- Teens: GodSpell (Ages 13-18)
Stars of Tomorrow Camp: July 29th -August 2nd
Performance August 2nd
- Ages 4-7: Space Pirates
Spectrum Theatre Initiative
July 29- Aug 2nd (1pm-3pm)
- Stage Right’s Theatre Camp for Children with special needs is an exciting new program that uses drama, music and dance to work with children with autism and other special needs to discover new things about themselves and the world around them through music, drama and dance. Developed by Renata Marino and bases on national autism programs, this experience engages and challenges your child. Additionally, it encourages them to connect with themselves, social situations and each other in deep and enriching ways. Final performance to be held at the Lamp Theatre in Irwin.
Summer Camp Technical Theatre Track
Technical Track allows you to take regular core classes in the morning then in the afternoon students will learn about Stage Managing, Costumes, Props, Lighting, Set Building/Painting and the many other practical skills that go into making the magic happen onstage! Taught by experienced theatre professionals
Los Pequenitos Theatre Workshop
Ages 5-8: June 10th -June 14th with a final show June 15th, 5-7pm
Ages 8-12: July 15th – July 19th with a final show July 20th, 5-7pm.
- As a part of building a culturally engaged community through performing arts education and advocacy, Stage Right will be offering students a FREE chance to learn Spanish through the use of theatrical techniques! Combining her over eight years of educational and practical Spanish experience, Maya Bhatnager, with the help of Hannah Liotta, creates a fun and interactive way for students to learn basic Spanish.
For more information or to register, please visit their website.
Greensburg Art Center.
Mosaic Art: Monday August 20th, 6-9pm
Children and Adults welcome!
- This class offers a unique chance to be creative in a relaxing atmosphere that taps into your imagination. Elegant mirrors, sun-catchers, or scenes are the end products of an introduction to an art form that is innovative using color glass tiles or beads.
Creative Arts for 3-6 year olds:
Thursdays July 11, 18, 25, 1:30-3:00
- In these classes, designed for children ages 3-6, all art activities are geared to helping the child learn and enjoy the creative process of art.
Summer Art Camp: Out of the Box
Elementary Age Students: August 5-9th, 9am-12pm
- A different unique project each day. These projects include: cast cement, glass mosaic, twigs and sprigs, dyed fabric penants, weaving, stamping, dying, dirty pour.
Summer Arts for Kids: Exploring Color
Ages 5-10, Wednesdays June 19th, June 26th, July 10th, July 17th, July 24th, July 31st from 10:30-12pm
- Students will learn to unleash their imaginations while learning the fundamentals of working with color. We will explore line, value, color and texture through a series of fun projects as they learn color theory and create original works of art!
Summer Art for Kids: Sketchbook
Ages 10 and up, Wednesdays June 19th, June 26th, July 10th, July 17th, July 24th, July 31st from 10:30-12pm
- Learn the process and skills of sketching what you see. Keeping a Sketchbook is a vital tool for artists of all ages. Students will learn to sketch people, animals, objects and places from “life” and from pictures, while experimenting with various drawing techniques and mediums.
Sculpture with Mr.Justin
Ages 10-17, Saturdays July 6th, July 13th, July 20th, July 27th, August 3rd and August 10th from 11:00-1:30
- Students will make a total of 2-4 sculptures depending on skill level and pace of progress. Students will work with clay for 2 classes to make sculpture heads. Next students will work with craft paper, masking tape, wire, wheat paste, brown paper towel or cloth to make figures and/or animals. Clay will be glazed, other material will be painted with acrylic paint.
For more information or to register, please visit their website.
The Greensburg-Hempfield Area Library
The Greensburg Hempfield Area Library has a ton of activities and programs for kids of all ages this summer. There are so many fun activities going on we couldn’t list them all! When we were younger, reading was (and still is) one of our favorite things to do during the summer. Having a wonderful library right in downtown Greensburg allows so many children to do awesome activities for free!
Events for Children Ages 0-6
Mondays from 10am-11am: June 17th, June 24th, July 1st, July 8th, July 15th, July 22nd, July 29th, and August 5th | Ages 3-6 | Katie Room
Would you like to build and tend a garden for fairies outside the library? This may be your first experience with gardening, or an opportunity to build on what you already know.
3-5 Year Old Story Hour
June 18th, June 25th, July 2nd, July 9th, July 16th, July 23rd, July 30th, and August 6th from 10am-11:30am | ages 3-5 | Katie Room
Come for fun with stories, crafts, and more!
June 18th, July 2nd, July 23rd, and August 6th from 6pm – 6:30pm | Ages 8months – 2 years old | Katie room
Join us for 30 minutes of fun for our littlest library lovers! We’ll have songs, stories, and some sensory play!
Story Time for Twos
June 19th, June 26th, July 3rd, July 10th, July 17th, July 24th, July 31st from 10am- 10:30am | Age 2 | Katie Room
This story time is one-on-one time for parent and child. Come and enjoy this time of fun and education with your toddler each week.
The Most Magnificent Thing: Storytime STEM-pack
Wednesday June 19th at 1pm | Ages 4-6 | Katie Room
Participants will act as engineers to solve a problem. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get something right. Let’s design a space suit and test the materials!
3-5 Year Old On The Moon Adventures: STEM-Pack
Thursday June 20th from 10am-11am | Ages 3-5 | Downstairs Program Room
The stage is set for ALL students to become competent in computer science skills in later years. In preparing for our trip to the moon, we will work in teams to perform step-by-step tasks!
Is There a Man in the Moon?
Thursday June 20th at 1pm | Ages 4-6 | Katie Room
Imagination is a great thing to have! Let’s listen to Ezra Jack Keats’ Regards to the Man in The Moon. Then we’ll work together to “build” our own spaceship and decide where it will take us!
Come Catch Some Sun!
Thursday June 27th at 1pm | Ages 3-5 | Katie Room
Come listen to Sun! One in a Billion and talk about the sun and our solar system. Then we’ll make a sun catcher to capture the sun wherever you go!
Read to Succeed Preschoolers
July 1st, July 8th, July 15th, July 22nd, July 29th, and August 5th | Kids entering kindergarten in the fall | Katie Room
Join us for a fun program for preschoolers! Each week we will explore a different theme with a fun story, games, a craft and a snack. This program is designed to expose preschoolers to foundational skills needed for kindergarten success including: writing their names; letter, number and shape recognition; and basic rhyming words.
Session 1 | 10am-11:30pm Session 2 |12pm-1:30pm
Holy Guacamole! Spanish Story-time with Señorita Maya
Monday July 1st, 6-7pm | Ages 4-8 | Katie Room
Learn Spanish by reading a Spanish book with Señorita Maya’s help! Spanish is one of the fastest growing languages in the United States. What better way to introduce kids to the language than through story time!
Mae and the Moon Story-time STEM-pack
Wednesday July 3rd at 1pm | Ages 4-6 | Katie Room
Let’s gaze with Mae and discover the science behind the pattern of the moon as it changes during the month
Margaret on the Moon Story-time STEM-pack
Tuesday July 9th at 10am | Ages 4-6 | downstairs program room
Margaret worked really hard at mathematics in school before she worked for NASA. We’ll explore how many jobs require math. We’ll use math and our imagination to look for “moon rocks”
2-6 Year Old Block Party
Thursday July 11th at 3pm | Ages 2-6 | Katie Room
Join us for a fun activity for children ages 2-6. Siblings are welcome to join! Play with our huge collection of building blocks and more!
Tuesday August 6th at 3pm | Ages 4-5 | Katie Room
Let’s go shopping! While learning through play, children will learn what is involved in making a trip to the grocery store, get to interact with play money and use their imaginations. Children will enhance their communication skills, fine motor skills and more.
Events for Children Ages 7+
Kick Off Summer Quest! 2019: Tim Hartman presents Folktrails
Thursday, June 13th at 10am | at St. Clair Park Amphitheater
Storyteller Tim Hartman will help us kick off this year’s Summer Quest with lots of interactive fun designed for children ages 4 to 17 years old! Tim will lead us around the globe with his folk trails. Children will be encouraged to see how much better the world would be if generosity, kindness, and self-sacrifice were the first reach to every situation.
June 17th, June 24th, July 1st, July 8th, July 15th, July 22, July 29, August 5th, from 1-2pm | Ages 7-10 | Downstairs Program Room
Be a part of the team to help beautify the library this summer! Make weekly discoveries as you plant, water, weed and harvest. Tend 4 planting troughs flanking the entrance of the library. Your work will be on display and constantly appreciated!
Shop Your Way to Success!
June 19th, June 26th, July 3rd, July 10th, July 17th, July 24th, July 31st and August 7th at 1pm | Ages 6-7 | Downstairs Program Room
Come to the Library Shop to read about planets, solve quests and riddles, all while earning special money to spend on a fun surprise! The program is grant-funded and weekly participation is encouraged
Ooey-Gooey, Gross and Goopy
Ages 6-10 | Katie Room
Weird, messy and fun stories paired with science experiments! Listen to tales from long ago about the constellations in the night sky, then practice identifying them, and complete a craft.
June 20: Blast Off with Rockets, 6pm | July 18: Constellations, 6pm | August 15: Planets and Solar Systems, 6pm
Good Night Solar System
Monday June 24th at 6pm | Ages 6-8 | Katie Room
We’re asking all little astronauts to come to the library for an outer space bedtime adventure! It’s time to say good night to all of the planets, sun, moon, and stars with the story Sleepy Solar System by John Hutton.
Read to Kaya’s Friends
ages 8-10 | Katie Room
This program is for anyone (3 years old and up) who would enjoy or benefit from reading to a therapy dog. Bring along a favorite book or choose form our selection and spend some time reading to Ellie, Archie and Isabella!
June 26th: 11:30am-12:30pm | July 17th: 11:30am-12:30pm | August 7th: 11:30am-12:30pm
6-8 Year Old On The Moon Adventures Story-time, STEM-pack
Wednesday July 3rd at 10am | Ages 6-8 | Downstairs Program Room
The stage is set for all students to become competent in computer science skills! We will work in teams to perform step-by-step tasks in preparation for our trip to the moon!
A Universe of Words
Tuesday July 9th at 1pm | Ages 7-9 | Katie Room
Are you a poet and don’t know it? We will listen to Going Around The Sun by Marianne Berkes and then take a hand at becoming authors and illustrators of our own imaginary planetary creations.
Tween Book Club: A Wrinkle in Time
Wednesday July 10th at 1pm | Ages 9-12 | Katie Room
Grab a copy of A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle and join our book discussion. We’ll talk about the book, have some snacks and do some activities based on the book! Please pick up a copy of the book before the program!
Pittcon Inflatable Planetarium
Thursday July 18th
Ages 6 and up | Maxwell Elementary School Gymnasium
The Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh (SSP) and The Society of Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh (SACP) offer a 30 to 45 minute presentation inside an inflatable dome. Children will enter the dome to learn how to recognize and locate constellations, their historical significance, and their mythical stories.
1st Show: 10am | 2nd Show: 11am | 3rd Show: 12:30pm | 4th Show: 1:30pm
Create a Bath Bomb Planet
Monday July 29th at 3pm | Ages 7-9 | Katie Room
Let’s find out more about what a planet is made of and discover why they are round. After learning more about the planets, we will create our own bath bomb planets to take home and enjoy!
Understanding How Others Feel
Ages 5-8 | Downstairs Program Room
Join us for a story and activity programs presented by Blackburn Center. Our focus is building empathy and showing kindness.
July 31st: 10am | August 7th: 10am | August 14th: 10am
Older Children Programs
Presenting Stan Gordon & STRANGE ENCOUNTERS OF PENNSYLVANIA
Wednesday June 26th from 6-7:30pm | Ages 9 and up, Katie Room
- Stan Gordon has been researching UFO sightings, Bigfoot encounters and other mysterious events in PA since 1959. Since then, he has been involved with the investigation of thousands of unusual incidents. He is the primary investigator of the 1965 UFO crash incident that occurred near Kecksburg, PA. There will be a book signing following Stan’s Presentation.
Westmoreland Cleanways with Natalie Reese
Thursday July 11th at 1pm | Ages 7-10, Katie Room
- If you could go to space, what’s the one thing you’d be most excited to see? Did you say “garbage”? No one does, but there are over 500,000 pieces of “space junk” orbiting Earth! Join Westmoreland Cleanways and Recycling as we explore the dangers of space junk and compare it with the problems litter causes here on Earth
Thursday July 18th at 1pm | Ages 8-11, Katie Room
- Bring your curious, creative minds to discuss the various constellations present in our current night sky and create constellation-viewing scopes. We will also create our own constellations!
Get Charged Up with Bee-Bots
Tuesday July 23rd at 10am | Ages 6-11, Downstairs Program Room
- You’ll have so much fun discovering cause and effect with these programmable floor robots and their accessories.
Pick Your Planet!
Wednesday July 24th at 1pm | Ages 9-11, Katie Room
- Explore the different planets of our solar system with models and books. Then decorate a planet of your choice out of paper mache using paint, glitter, and other crafting supplies!
Galaxy in a Bottle
Monday August 5th at 3pm | Ages 8-10, Katie Room
- If you’re interested in learning some more about galaxies, attend this program to find out some fun fact. We’ll also be crafting our own galaxies in bottles to take home and display!
More Exciting Programs for Older Children
Stranger Things Escape Room
Monday June 17th | Ages 12-19 in the Downstairs Program Room
- You and your friends are trapped in the basement of Hawkins Middle School. The only way out is blocked by a portal to the Upside Down. Eleven can help you close the portal, but she is tired, hungry and desperately needs waffles. But the waffles are locked in a puzzle box. Can you solve all the puzzles and escape in time?
- Session 1: 1pm | Session 2: 3pm | Session 3: 6pm
June 19th, June 26th, July 3rd, July 10th, July 17th, July 24th, July 31st and August 7th at 2:30pm | Ages 11-17 in the Downstairs Program Room
- Each week you will help design and build an area that will become a magnet to library friends and butterflies alike. You will get to incorporate in your design a bird bath as well as plants and flowers that feed, house and attract birds.
Happy Birthday, Harry Potter!
Tuesday July 30th at 6pm | Ages 10-18 in the Katie Room
- Celebrate Harry Potter’s birthday with us at the library! We’ll have crafts, activities, props, and treats for you and your friends. Dress like your favorite character, or support your favorite Hogwarts house!
Teen Book Club: The Sun is Also a Star
Thursday August at 1pm | Ages 13-18 in the Katie Room
- Pick up a copy of The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon from the library and come to an exciting book discussion where we discuss the book, eat some treats, and participate in activities on the book. Please up a copy of the book before the program!
Craft Your Fandom
Wednesday August 7th at 5:30-7:30pm| Ages 12-19 in the Katie Room
- What’s your fandom? Harry Potter? Hamilton? Game of Thrones? Anime? Something else? Some celebrate the stuff you love with crafts! Let’s make dragon eggs, pixel art, fairy lanterns and more to celebrate the stories you love!
From STEM and science experiment programs, to gardening, to coding, to music, to story hours, to tween and teen programs, to a Stanger Things Escape Room day, and more, The Greensburg Hempfield Area Library has a variety of programs that will be perfect for so many children this summer! Programs are free but require registration in advance. Visit the Library website to discover their entire summer program schedule and to register!
The City of Greensburg Parks and Recreation
June 18th-July 25th, Tuesdays and Thursday from 6-7:30pm | At Lynch Field
June 5th – July 24th , Wednesdays 10am-12pm | at Kirk S. Nevin Arena
Ages 6 and under
July 27th-August 24th, Saturdays 8am or 9am start time | Locations vary
Bingo in the Park
June 5th-July 24th, Wednesdays 5-6pm | at Kaufman Pavilion (next to pool)
Boys Basketball Camp
June 17th-June 21st | At Greensburg-Salem High School Gymnasium
- Grades 3-6: 9:30am -11:30am
- Grades 7-9: 12pm-2pm
- Flag Football: 5-7 years old
- Developmental: 7-8 years old
- Junior Varsity: 9-10 years old
- Varsity: 11-12 years old
Season runs August through October, registration opens June 3rd
Location: Veteran’s Memorial Pool
- Beginners: (Ages 4 and up): Monday – Thursday 10am- 10:45am
- Intermediate (Ages 5 and up): Monday – Thursday 11am-11:45am
- Advanced (Ages 6 and up): Monday – Thursday, 11am -11:45am
Session 1: June 10th -June 27th
Session 2: July 1st -July 18th
Session 3: July 22nd – August 8th
Girls, K-8th Grade
- Returning Cheerleaders May 20th-May 31st
- New Cheerleaders: June 3rd -June 14th
Season Starts: August 12th
For more information and to register, please visit their website.
- Greensburg YMCA: offers a more traditional camp feel with outdoor activities, daily swimming, local excursions, theme related crafts, educational projects, character development and weekly field trips.
- West Hempfield Elementary (WHE): will incorporate experiments, outdoor play, group games, character development, and arts and crafts all based on a weekly theme. Campers will swim once a week at the Greensburg YMCA and enjoy weekly field trips.
- Unity Township: offers kayaking, canoeing, fishing, hiking, theme related crafts, weekly swimming at the Greensburg YMCA, character development and weekly field trips.
- Pirates (completed K, 1st, 2nd)
- Explorers (completed 3rd, 4th and 5th)
- Voyagers (completed 6th, 7th, and 8th)
- Maxwell Elementary Sports Camp Location: Their Sports Camps features drills and skill development, daily swimming, sport specific games, a focus on positive sportsmanship, character development and weekly field trips.
- Rookies (completed K, 1st, and 2nd)
- Junior Varsity (completed 3rd, 4th and 5th)
- Varsity (completed 6th, 7th and 8th)
Tots Variety Sports:
Mondays July 15th -August 19th from 6:15-7pm | Ages 2-4
This 6 week class is perfect for children who are interested in experiencing multiple sports such as basketball, field hockey, soccer, kickball/tee ball, floor hockey and volleyball. This program serves an introduction to all the sports listed above with the goal of skill building, teamwork and socialization.
Summer Tots Wiffleball
Mondays June 3rd -July 8th from 6:15pm – 7pm | Ages 2-4
Our tots wiffleball program is a great way for children to learn the sport of baseball in a fun, friendly environment. This 6 week program will allow children to participate in a series of stations each week focusing on the fundamental skills of baseball.
For more information, please visit their website.
Westmoreland Historical Society: Hanna’s Town
July 8th -July 12th from 9am -3pm | Ages 6-8
Campers discover early American history through the day-to-day lives of people in Hanna’s Town in the time of the American Revolution. Through hands-on activities, campers learn about the work performed by Hanna’s Town residents, the clothing they wore, the houses they lived in, the food they ate, the games they played, and their involvement in the the founding of the United States.
July 22nd – July 26th from 9am-3pm | Ages 9-12
Campers explore how people were involved in the American Revolution at Hanna’s Town, the first seat of government for Westmoreland County and recruitment center for the local militia. Activities include reenacting actual court cases that took place at Hanna’s Town, trying their hand at traditional crafts and games, cooking a frontier meal, and designing their own flag. Campers also discover what it’s like to be a historian by looking closely at artifacts, documents, historic buildings, and ways of life passed down through generations.
For more information, please visit their website.
Summer Camps Near Greensburg
Bushy Run Battlefield
Children’s History Day Camp
July 8th- July 10th 2019, 10am-3pm | Grades 1-5.
- Learn what life was life for a British soldier and settler in this summer’s annual children’s day camp! Enjoy fun activities such as marching in formation and learning what is takes to be a member of a British regiment, cooking over a fire, crafts, games and more!
Powdermill Nature Reserve
Your outdoorsy kids will get to play in the mud, see cool animals and creepy bugs up close during their days at Powdermill. To ensure that subjects interest campers, the programs are separated by two age groups: 5-8 yrs and 9-12 yrs. The last day to register is June 17th!
Kids can join in on the historic fun with a day camp that allows them to understand 18th century frontier life. Campers will explore the ground of the fort, play themed games, create crafts and make new friends. At the end of camp, the kids will put on a special mini-reenactment for their families and then enjoy a communal picnic afterwards. There are two weeks available for sign up.
- June 10th-June 14th, 9am-2:30pm
- July 15th -July 19th, 9am – 2:30pm
Challenge Program at Saint Vincent College
Offers half day, day and overnight summer camp programs. The theme for this year is superheroes!
- Super Tots: June 24th -June 28th, 9am-12pm. For pre-school and kindergarten students.
- Super Kids: June 24th-June 28th, 9am-4pm. For kids going into 1st through 4th grade.
- Big Kids: June 23rd -June 28th, overnight. For kids in 5th grade through 12th grade.
Winnie Palmer Nature Reserve at Saint Vincent College
Winnie Palmer Nature Reserve is offering two types of programs this year: summer camps and family camps. Regardless of size, the entire family can explore something new and exciting together. There are three family day camps.
- Birds and Bugs: June 21st, 10am -12pm
- Slime and Scales: July 19th, 10am-12pm
- Outdoor Adventure: August 23rd, 10am-12pm
There also multi-day summer camps for kiddos to attend by themselves to explore nature and bond with fellow students.
- Bug Camp: June 11th -June 13th, 10am-12pm
- Nature Explore Camp: June 24th -June 28th, 9am-12pm
- Eco-Adventure Camp: July 8th – July 12th, 9am-12pm
Main Exhibit Gallery and Art Center
Summer Art Exploration
July 29th- August 2nd
- Campers will work with clay, mosaics, glass, painting and more! Ages 6-10, 9am to 12pm Ages 11 to 14, 1pm -4pm