Greensburg’s First Music Fest Being Held September 7
The Downtown Greensburg Music Fest, presented by the Westmoreland Cultural Trust will be held September 7 at multiple venues downtown.
Stroll through downtown Greensburg and listen to over 20 different bands and musicians from 4pm-12am. Enjoy live music at DV8 Espresso Bar and Gallery, Caffe Barista, Hugo’s Taproom, The Palace Theatre, Art in the Alley, J Corks, Fitness Envi, Mr. Toad’s and of course SummerSounds at St. Clair Park.
“We at the Trust are excited about how music has grown in Greensburg,” Kelli Brisbane, Assistant to the President and Events Coordinator of the Westmoreland Cultural Trust said. “We’re excited for an opportunity to collaborate with other businesses and organizations to support local and national acts while growing the music scene even more.”
All events during the Downtown Greensburg Music Fest are free and in walking distance of each other in town. There is also no need to worry about paying for parking, all city lots and spaces are free after 4pm. In case of inclement weather, many venues are indoor or able to move inside if it rains.
Stop by the Palace Theatre to visit local artists, residents from the Incubator for the Arts, community partners and businesses. Then grab a bite to eat from the Elegant Catering food truck, also a sponsor and community partner of the event, and Steel City Chimneys in the Helman-Ghrist Parking Lot or Caffe Barista in the Megan Suite.
– The Back Burner patio
4:00-4:20 J Peter Trafford
4:30-4:50 Open slot
5:00-5:20 Diamond Shapes
5:30-5:50 Jaded Harmony
– Acoustic music in the gallery
4:15-4:35 Brooke Lickenfelt
4:45-5:10 Zack Podolinski
5:20-5:40 Laurie Fox
5:50-6:10 Rachel Leigh
– Photography exhibit of local musicians by Westmoreland Cultural Trust’s Artist in Residence Savannah Butler of Savvy Shots Photography
4:45 PM – 10:30 PM
TGIS Art & Music Finale – Westmoreland Cultural Trust
– The Palace Theatre stage:
6:00 – 7:00 PM East Coast Turnaround
7:00 – 8:00 PM Supper Break String Band*
8:00- 9:00 PM Bad Boy Blues Band
9:00- 10:00 PM Hamilton Ave.
Special Intermission performances by Stage Right and Antolena Damico
– WCT’s Art In The Alley loading dock stage:
4:45- 5:00 PM Stage Right Sensations
5:00- 5:40 PM Lea Rae
6:00 – 6:40 PM Kaelber
6:55 – 7:35 PM Victoria Morgan
7:50 – 8:30 PM Hear Tonight
8:45 – 9:25 PM – Aubrey Burchell
9:40 – 10:20 PM The Moment jazz band
– local art vendors and community partners: Angie Shaw – art with a., Melissa Reed, Pamela Cooper, Mary Ellen Raneri, Moira Richardson, Alisa Pavick Barnhart, The Westmoreland Museum of American Art, Greensburg Craft Beer Week, Roxberry Boutique, P.S. Painted Designs “Hand painted with you in mind”, EveryFest, Mcfeely’s Gourmet Chocolate, LLC, Latrobe Art Center
– food trucks: Elegant Catering and Steel City Chimneys, next to tented seating in the Helman-Ghrist Parking Lot
– Caffe Barista in Megan’s Suite
SummerSounds – Greensburg’s FREE Concerts in the Park
6:15 – 6:45 PM Pre-Show — Hayley Dailey Music and Joshua Carns
7 PM Main Event – Jocelyn & Chris Arndt (Rock, Pop & Blues)