The Downtown Greensburg Project (sub division of BIA Creative) is seeking a part-time marketing and community intern for the spring. This internship is a minimum 10-12 hour a week unpaid position. The intern will gain experience in a community organization by assisting with day-to-day operations as well as experience in a creative agency by assisting with client projects.
Assisting the Director of The Downtown Greensburg Project and BIA Creative, the intern will perform a variety of duties including but not limited to:
- assisting with creation of press releases and any printed/electronic materials, such as eNewsletters, eBlasts, social media calendars etc.
- writing blog posts of current events and highlighting members of and businesses in the community
- researching current social media trends
- coordinating grass roots marketing efforts
- attending meetings with community leaders and agency clients
- assisting at events and planning of events such as FUSE networking nights, and/or other special events and programs
- general office duties such as data entry, coordination of mailings, etc.
- performing other Marketing & Communications duties and special projects as assigned
- photography and/or video recording/production, social media and WordPress experience is a plus
The intern will be supervised by the Director. Working closely under her direction, the intern will identify priorities and scope of responsibilities and work cooperatively with the Director and volunteers to accomplish tasks. Additionally, the intern will have the opportunity to learn about a broad range of operations.
Interested candidates, please send letter of interest and resume to Jessica Hickey, Director of The Downtown Greensburg Project, (sub division of BIA Creative) at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Deadline to apply is January 20. Candidates will be contacted via email to set up a interview.